The costs of treating insomnia are LESS than the costs to your employer. Your employer has a few options to help you sleep better:
- Be sure that insomnia treatment is covered in your health plans.
- Be sure that your Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider includes insomnia treatments.
- Be sure that you Worksite Wellness program includes Sleep Wellness.
- Be sure that your Occupational Health & Safety program includes Sleep Health.
- Be sure that your line managers and supervisors are modeling healthy sleep behaviors.
- Be sure that work scheduling does not cause you to develop a sleep problem such as deadly swing shifts.
Sleep Tip #362: Get your insomnia treated with help from your employer.