Insomnia rarely just pops out of the blue. There are cases where a cause is not known. The good news is that there are common causes of insomnia. Answer each of the questions below to see if any of these may be the cause of sleep problems for you.
- Are you under a lot of stress?
- Are you depressed? Do you feel emotionally flat or hopeless?
- Do you struggle with chronic feelings of anxiety or worry?
- Have you recently gone through a traumatic experience?
- Are you taking any medications that might be affecting your sleep?
- Do you have any health problems that may be interfering with sleep?
- Is your sleep environment quiet and comfortable?
- Do you try to go to bed and get up around the same time every day?
If you answered yes to more than three, you should consult with a professional for help and guidance.
Sleep Tip #337: Are any of these a common cause of insomnia a problem for me?