The Glasgow Sleep Effort Scale is a useful tool to assess how much effort you are spending to go to sleep. Below is a similar tool. Please answer yes or no to each of the seven questions.
- I put too much effort into sleeping when it should come naturally.
- I feel I should be able to control my sleep.
- I put off going to bed at night for fear of not being able to sleep.
- I worry about not sleeping if I cannot sleep.
- I am no good at sleeping.
- I get anxious about sleeping before I go to bed.
- I worry about the consequences of not sleeping.
Sleep Tip #324: Assess your sleep effort.
Leave a Reply